Tuesday, May 5, 2009

EOBD on board diagnostic connector on the Vectra

Seems like my 2002 Vauxhall/OPEL Vectra supports the EOBD connector. I have found it near the gear shift lever and I'm now pretty sure about it thanks to this image:

found with Google Images. I'll post a picture of the exact location as soon as I can download photos from my mobile or get a decent camera.
This connector should provide access to all the internal diagnostic informations from the car like tire pressure, engine parameters, temperatures and more.
I have found some more info on it on Wikipedia. Seems like it's a standard for European vehicles since 2001 and should also include the CANBUS interface I'm interested in.
Now that I think about it, it should also be present on the other Vauxhall our family owns. I have to check this sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment